Time to read: 2 min
Through conventional paths, ordering parts from overseas can often be a complex, risky process. In addition to quality risks inherent in working with unknown suppliers, the logistics involved to import goods from overseas can be confusing and overwhelming. And if importation documentation is mismanaged, you may be held liable for fines or even jail time.
New Streamlined Overseas Shipping Service
Today we’re thrilled to share that ordering parts from Fictiv’s highly vetted overseas service is more streamlined than ever. For all overseas prototyping orders, Fictiv now assumes all costs and importation responsibilities so you can get quality parts delivered hassle-free. This means you don’t have to worry about filling out importer ID forms, special customs codes, or paying surprise fees. And you can trust that your orders will be delivered on time, as Fictiv has a robust and streamlined process in place for getting the right documentation to U.S. Customs, avoiding importation friction and delays.
In addition to streamlined overseas shipping and importation, Fictiv’s Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is designed to mitigate against the risks traditionally associated with overseas manufacturing. Key features include:
- Highly vetted and managed manufacturing partners
- Fictiv-employed quality engineers, program managers, and DFM engineers with boots-on-the-ground in all supply locations
- Quality control facility in Guangzhou, China, where all CNC machined and 3D printed parts produced in the APAC region are sent to, for secondary Fictiv inspections and to anonymize customer information
- IP protection through our digital platform, which securely sends anonymized customer design data only to the manufacturing partner that receives the job
- A team with deep manufacturing experience, including our Director of Overseas Manufacturing, Cameron Moore, who has lived and worked in China for over 13 years
To learn more about international shipping guidelines and if your order qualifies for our new streamlined shipping terms, check out our help article here. You can also register for our upcoming webinar where Fictiv overseas manufacturing and global supply chain experts will share strategies on how to get quality parts from overseas without the risk.