At a Glance
About the Process
Fictiv's Injection Molding Service gets you production plastic parts in record time, at the right price. Our network of pre-qualified global partners paired with our San Francisco-based support team means you get the value of global pricing with local reliability and communication ease.
We offer both rapid design molds, ideal for short production runs or bridge tooling, as well as production tooling for higher volume orders.
For rapid design molds, customers own the core and cavity inserts and our injection molding partners use factory-owned, interchangeable mold base inserts. Aluminum, P20, or NAK80 tool inserts are available as well as the Master Unit Die (MUD) quick-change system. Side actions are created with hand pick out inserts. Family & multi-cavity tools are also available.
For production tooling, we produce stand-alone tools, ultimately owned by the customer. P20, H13, S7, NAK80, and SS420 insert steel is available as well as family & multi-cavity tools.
Currently, this service is not available via our Online Ordering System, so to get a quote please get in touch here to share your project details.
We offer any commercially available injection molding material, including:
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Glass-Filled Nylon
- Glass-Filled Polycarbonate (GFPC)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA/Acrylic)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
Glossy Surface, Diamond Buff Polish
- SPI A-1 - 6000 grit diamond buff
- SPI A-2 - 3000 grit diamond buff
- SPI A-3 - 1200 grit diamond buff
Matte Surface, Paper Polish
- SPI B-1 - 600 grit paper
- SPI B-2 - 400 grit paper
- SPI B-3 - 320 grit paper
Rough Surface, Stone Polish
- SPI C-1 - 600 grit stone
- SPI C-2 - 400 grit stone
- SPI C-3 - 320 grit stone
Very Rough Surface, Dry Blast Polish
- SPI D-1 - 600 grit, dry blast glass bead #11
- SPI D-2 - 400 grit, dry blast #240 oxide
- SPI D-3 - 320 grit, dry blast #24 oxide
- Mold-tech equivalent textures
- Pantone color matching
- RAL color matching
- Physical sample color matching
- Hardware installation (e.g. heat stakes inserts, ultrasonically welded inserts)
- Pad printing
- Silk screening
- Ultrasonic welding
- Light assembly
- Protective packaging/film
Quality Management System
Working with Fictiv means quality you can depend on. We train all our pre-qualified Injection Molding Partners to comply with our ISO-9001-certified Quality Management System, ensuring consistent quality across each and every part. Moreover, Fictiv works closing with Partners each step of the way to facilitate communications and ensure you get parts exactly to spec. For more details, download our Quality Management System Guide.